This privacy statement sets out how Hattons Model Railways upholds the law and protects your data.
If you have any queries or concerns about the policy, please get in touch with us using email@example.com or write to us at Hattons Model Railways, 17 Montague Road, Widnes, WA8 8FZ, United Kingdom and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Our commitment to you
We have structured our website so that you can visit without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.??
- We will only collect data about you that is relevant and necessary
- Your data will only be held on systems that meet compliance standards
- Your data will only be accessed by those who need it and we will minimise the amount of data that is processed, wherever possible
- We won’t share or sell your data to any third party unless either you have agreed, we are required to share it by law or we need to fulfil our service commitments to you through a third party that meets our own privacy standards
- We will always remember that it is your personal data, not ours. As such we will ensure complete transparency and openness with you
- We respect your rights as outlined in the next section and will respond to all requests promptly
What Personal Data do we collect?
If you want to contact us, we ask you for the following data:
- First and Last Name
- Contact Email address
- Phone Number
We also collect a limited amount of other data including:
- Transaction Data such as purchase date and time
- Browser and device data, such as device type, operating system and Internet browser type
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on website, pages visited and other anonymous traffic data
Why do we collect this data?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you our products and services
- To process your order
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send you promotional emails and mailings about products, services, offers and other things that we think may be relevant to you
- To improve or modify our services
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enables us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business
How long will you keep your data?
We will retain your data for a period of 36 months unless legally obligated to hold it longer.
Who do we share the data with?
When you create an account through our website your information is provided to some of our processors. If you would like to know who these processors are please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also use and store your data on various third party platforms and we use a number of companies called Processors for this. We have done our best to ensure that your data is protected on these platforms. If you want to find out more please contact us.
Exercising your rights
We never forget that the personal data you give us belongs to you and that is why we operate in a fair and transparent manner. This means that you have the following rights over the data we hold about you:
- Right to access all the data we hold about you
- Right to object to processing of your data
- Right to opt out of marketing
- Right to have inaccurate data corrected
- Right to erasure of personal data
- Right to export of personal data
If you want to exercise any of your rights then please contact email@example.com and we will work with you.
Unless we have a legal obligation that overrules your request we will endeavour to comply with your request within a month of request.